Energy efficiency is one of the most important factors when purchasing a new HVAC unit. Not only will a more energy-efficient unit save you money on your monthly energy bills, but it will also help to reduce your carbon footprint. There are a few different ways that you can determine if an HVAC unit is energy efficient, with the help of Owen Heating and Air Repair.
Here are 10 of the most important heating and air maintenance factors to consider:
- The unit size: A unit that is too small or too large for your home will not be energy efficient. Make sure to have a professional measure your home before purchasing a unit to ensure that you get the right size. This is one of the most important factors to consider regarding energy efficiency.
- The type of unit: There are a few different types of HVAC units on the market, and each has its own level of energy efficiency. For example, central air units are typically more energy efficient than window units. It’s important to compare the different types of units before making a purchase.
- The brand: Some brands are known for their energy-efficient products, while others are not. Before making a choice, do some research on the various brands. A few different ways to discover a brand’s reputation include reading online reviews.
- The features: Some HVAC units come with features that make them more energy efficient than others. Look for units that come with energy-saving features like programmable thermostats and automatic shut-off timers. Before deciding on a certain device, make sure to compare its many qualities.
- The price: Energy-efficient units tend to cost more upfront than less energy-efficient units. However, they will save you money in the long run by lowering your monthly energy bills. Be sure to compare the price of different units before making your purchase.
- The warranty: Many manufacturers offer warranties on their products. Read the fine print before making your purchase to understand the warranty terms. Finding a unit with a good warranty is important in case something goes wrong.
- The energy rating: Every HVAC unit has an energy rating that indicates how energy efficient it is. The unit is more energy efficient the higher the rating. Be sure to compare the energy ratings of different units before purchasing. Don’t forget to consider the other factors on this list when considering energy efficiency.
- The reviews: Once you’ve narrowed down your choices, be sure to read online reviews of the different units before making your final decision. Reading reviews will give you a good idea of how well a unit performs in real-world conditions.
- Regular maintenance: Be sure to keep up with your HVAC unit’s regular ac service and maintenance. This is one of the most important factors to consider regarding energy efficiency. A well-maintained unit will last longer and be more energy efficient.
- The return policy: Be sure to find out the return policy of the store or website you’re purchasing from before making your purchase. You want to be sure you can return the unit if it doesn’t meet your expectations.
These are just a few of the most important factors regarding energy efficiency. Be sure to compare the different units before making your final decision. If you want to ensure you’re getting the best possible value for your money, our home heating maintenance service will ensure your HVAC system is fully efficient.
Get in touch with Owen Heating and Air Repair for more details!
To get an appointment with our team at Owen Heating and Air Repair, just call our phone numbers. Get in touch with us to all of your comfort needs today!